#7. Edit the profile information. If you have created an account using Facebook, your page will automatically be filled with personal information including a photo gallery. However, you can adjust your data at any time.
#8. Start your search . Swipe to the right to approve the user’s profile, or to the left to ignore it. In addition, you can use the described buttons at the bottom of the screen for these purposes.
#9. Wait for your chance to communicate. If you’ve put an «I like» mark, and the user has also liked you, the system creates a couple automatically. You’ll receive a notification, and the candidate will appear in the communication section.
That’s all! Simple, impressive, user-friendly. Your user flow should be organized just as smartly as this one. And given that the Tinder system is christianconnection so convenient, why not take it up as your lead in the dating app development process?
Dating App Monetization
If you have decided to create a dating app like Tinder, you’re likely to want to know all the possible ways to make it profitable.
To begin with, Tinder’s taking advantage of thematic advertising which promotes services and products potentially interesting to users of the service. For example, in 2014, users saw an advertisement for the comedy series named The Mindy Project.
But its not the only way to get money. In , Tinder has started a new one by launching TinderPlus – a paid app version. Its subscription price depends on many criteria, such as the user’s age, location, gender, etc. Quite an interesting approach to the popular freemium model, right? It should definitely be considered when making dating apps for relationships.
TinderPlus offers a number of additional features, such as:
- Rewind, allowing you to return to the profile you liked in case you have swept it left by mistake (one of the most popular paid features);
- Access to user profiles from around the world without linking to the user’s location;
- No advertising.
You also need to think about your way of making a profit. We recommend that you consider the following options for dating app monetization:
- A paid subscription . Being the simplest way to monetize, it’s not always really effective. You need to start a good dating app promotion in order to make users want to pay the subscription on a regular basis.
- Light and Pro versions . Create a user-friendly light version of your dating app and advertise its extra features. This is a more convenient way of monetization than a paid subscription: you enable users to test a simplified version so that they could make sure in practice whether they need the advanced functionality. And your priority task, in this case, is to convince them that their life will become better with these additional features. This is the very method of monetization that Tinder uses.
- In-app purchases . Let a mobile dating app itself be free, but supplemented with various paid features and built-in purchases, such as special icons, expressive smiles, etc. The main rule: the purchase should be inexpensive and very tempting at the same time.
- Advertisers. This is also a fairly simple and convenient way to make a profit using dating apps like Tinder (and Tinder, as weve mentioned, uses such a monetization option among others). As for the format, there are two types of advertising:
- a splash screen that appears when running a dating app;
- a specially allocated advertising banner. It should be noticeable and not annoy a user at the same time.
However, in order to interest advertisers, you need to build a dating app that’d be popular and interesting to a wide range of users.